Friday 24 September 2021

 Week Wrap-Up!

  • Read Book, "I Promise" by LeBron James and made our own promises.  Examples were: 
    • I promise to be brave
    • I promise to help others
    • I promise to respect my elders
    • I promise to be a good friend
    • I promise to be strong
    • I promise to be a leaner
    • I promise to be helpful
    • I promise to be joyful
    • I promise to help animals 
  • Representing numbers: we worked through 5, 6, and 7.  We used various ways to show this number, including writing the numeral, writing the word, drawing fingers, tally marks, ten frames, drawing objects and dice.  
  • Chunk of the week was -an words and we worked on printing practice - specifically the letters A B C D 
  • Rainbow Writing: Students learned about ROY G BIV order and challenged themselves to fill in patterned sentences following this model: 
    • A ____ is red.  A ____ is ______. 
    • A ____ is orange.  A ____ is ____.
    • A ___ is yellow.  A ____ is _____. 
    • A ____ is green.  A ____ is ____. 
    • A ____ is blue.  A ____ is ____. 
    • A ____ is indigo.  A _____ is ____. 
    • A ____ is violet.  A ___ is ____. 
  • Ask your child what Service Role they signed up to fulfill for our classroom.  Examples include: organizing pencil crayons, helping tidy our coat nook and outdoor shoes, organizing our books, pushing in chairs and many more! 
  • Terry Fox Run - We had a fabulous run on Thursday! Students also had the special opportunity to learn about Ms. Boettcher's daughter Aria, who is a cancer survivor! 




Reminders for Next Week:

  • Picture Day is Monday Sept 27  - please wear your formal uniforms
  • No School on Sept 30 - Day for Truth and Reconciliation 
  • Homework - please ensure your child is completing the homework, including daily home reading through Raz Kids and please only complete the assigned tasks on Mathletics.  S